Monday, July 26, 2010

Learning to Aerotow - August 1, 2009

Finally. I've been meaning to get out there since last year. I did the first tandem on top just to get an idea of what things look like to follow a tug. Jim Rooney (instructor) gave me the basics as we flew up to 2500'. We actually found some lift and stayed up for a little while. The stars were aligned because a while later all the scheduled students were late so Jim and I did another one. This time I flew on the bottom and followed the tug into the sky. We played I fly, you fly and I think I did okay. I honestly expected it to be harder. So things went well, I'm really happy I finally got out there. Hopefully a couple more tandems and I'll be good to go. Thanks Jim and John, it's a whole new world of flying.
http://www.aerosports.net/

No comments: