Monday, July 26, 2010

Pulpit - August 30, 2009

Great day today. I'm sure I'll miss someone but I'll try - Bacil, Carlos, Dan Tomlinson, John Dullahan, Kristof, Gregory, Glen, Tony, David Bodner, Cragin, Peter, Rich B, Matthew, Karen, and myself. As far as I know everyone that flew soared. Other pilots that were there but didn't fly - Janni, Dawson, and Judy. I waited for awhile for conditions to mellow when we started getting steady 20 with 25mph gusts on the new pad. Once I got up there it was a lot more like 15 gusting to 20. I waited for a lull and got off clean. Most of the flight was around 500' over the ridge but I got to 1,000' a couple times and once to 1,100'. I got close to an eagle at one point so I turned to get a little closer. He apparently didn't appreciate me very much because he dove at me showed me his talons. Then he flew down the ridge to where David was flying and dove at him with feet forward, pulling up only when he was about 10' above him. That guy was pissed at something! I flew until I was tired and after watching a couple landings from the air, I had a real nice crosswind landing for 1:45. Tony got us back up top the back way (thanks Tony) and the cops were very cool about us getting through. 30 was shut down for an accident for those of you not there. Overall a real nice day, shoulda been there.Janni, if that's the last time we'll see you, have a safe trip my friend!
http://vimeo.com/6372173

No comments: