Monday, July 26, 2010

Pulpit, August 9, 2009

Great day at Woodstock! I was a hit or miss kind of day. Set up was slow and easy with many breaks to cool off in the intermittent breeze. We were all reluctant to launch with the hopes of an evening glass-off, though none of us were too sure of that. There were short cycles and long cycles and if you were lucky you launched into one of the long cycles and got up. I gave in and launched at 5:20, was fortunate and got up, finding enough to get about 500' over the ridge and hang on until it went magic. From then, it was smooth sailing in very steady but light lift. Just enough to climb if you flew real slow. Spent most of the flight around 2-300 over, boated around for 2.5 hours and didn't want to break down in the dark. It was beginning to shut down anyhow so I went in for a decent landing. I flared a little late and barely got my feet under me but managed to run it out. Beautiful orange hazy dusk across the valley viewed from launch with a cold beer, thanks Mark. We are a lucky bunch. Huge thanks to Tony for sticking around and driving us up. I owe you one.
http://vimeo.com/6046082

No comments: