Monday, July 26, 2010

Pulpit - October 25, 2010

I had tried to get there by noon but didn't make it until 1:30. Chad was ready to go and waiting on me so I got him taken care of quickly and then got set up. By the time I was ready, it had backed off and was very light. Light enough that it was questionable making the primary and I wasn't all that comfortable with trying to land the U2 in the secondary. So I waited and around 4:00 it started to get better and the PG's started sticking. Didn't waste any time and got suited up and launched promptly from the old ramp into the North cross. I left the PG gaggle at launch and didn't lose a foot heading down toward the towers in hopes of finding my thermal over there. When I found it at first the lift was light and broken but it was there and I kept circling until it got more solid and I got up. I'm not sure how high I got because when I was a several hundred over the ridge I looked at my vario which said I was 900' below. Hugh commented that the microwave towers might be interfering. So I think I got in the 1,200' over range, maybe higher. It was high enough that I could have made it over the back but not high enough to do it comfortably. Most of my flight was in that first thermal which was sitting still in the light wind. It was a nice flight, flew for about 40 minutes or so and landed in the primary. Thanks Tony for the ride back up.
http://vimeo.com/7286621

No comments: